Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Scaleable background image, Chrome issues

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Brightonmike

http://ver2vodka.com/vg/?page_id=8

I am using the CSS trick Chris posted on here.

However, in Chrome, the scrolling is really juddery and it feels like you’re scrolling through mud. In Firefox, it’s perfectly smooth. Any ideas how I can rectify this?

It’s not being caused by anything else, I’ve tried it with all plugins disabled, and nothing changed, but when I remove this technique the scrolling is fine again.

I’d really like to have a full screen scaleable background, so does anyone have any ideas? Thanks :)

Brightonmike

Right, I tried adding the background just with CSS….

SAME issue! With no background, the site is fine in Chrome. With a background, however implemented, the scrolling goes fubar.

Any ideas?

TheDoc

I have a feeling that this is simply a webkit issue – not sure what the fix is (I’ve seen it on a few other sites as well).

Brightonmike

I’ve ditched the full screen image for now. I’ve done some research and quite a few developers are pointing out an identical problem with both Firefox and Chrome with FIXED backgrounds. Changing the background to scroll fixes it. It may actually be due to my use of RGBA on the page, the multiple transparencies AND scalable image putting a bit too much load on to the browser.

It’s a real shame, hopefully Googleygoogles will get it fixed soon, this is something I’d have really loved to use properly.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.