Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Safari positioning issue

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    brianatlarge

Here’s the site: http://markparq.brianfarris.net/

If you look at it in firefox, it’s all fine and dandy. But in safari, there are a few issues.

1) The "Contact Me" button is too close to the "About Me" box.

2) The "Stills" label is pushed WAY too far to the left and way too high.

Both of these are relatively positioned. I usually stay away from relatively/absolutely positioning stuff cause I usually run across weird crossbrowser issues.

Can anyone spot the problem?

Thanks.

apostrophe
    Participant

I would make #leftColumn position: relative and then absolutely position contact me and resume from there.

On my safari the "Stills" label is away to the right and I don’t see any positioning rules for it at all.

brianatlarge

Cool thanks. I didn’t think about how the relative/absolute positioning was working.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but if you absolutely position something, it’s going to put it at exactly the position within your browser window, but if you absolutely position something inside something relatively positioned, then you’re only positioning it exactly within the relatively positioned area. Right?

Ah… I did mean to say the stills label was going too far to the right. Just wasn’t thinking when I said left.

apostrophe
    Participant
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.