Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Safari permanent page reload on Windows

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    stOrM

Hi,
    well, for a few I started getting into webdev everything fine so far except I noticed a big problem which starts with Safari 5.1.2 (7534.52.7) on Windows.

I wanted to use google fonts to get some smooth fonts into my current layout but whenever I include the urls to the googlefont repo safari acts strange it starts to permanently reload the page, while in opera, firefox chrome and even ie9 everything is fine.

I wonder if this is a known bug and it would be even more interesting how can this be solved?

best regards

stOrM

Hi,
    sue watch this in safari 5.1 and you got that problem while in all other browsers it will be fine…

http://jsfiddle.net/stcvS/

stOrM

Does really no one can help out for the above problem?
    Embedding the fonts into css has no effect.

Even when I use Safari to browse css-tricks I do have the same problem, the page reloads endless…

Billy
    Participant

Are you running LiveReload at all?
    I don’t have any problems with Safari 5.1

stOrM

Thats kinda strange are you using it on windows or mac?
    Nope don’t have livereload on windows :(

Billy
    Participant

Mac for me. But I had that problem a while ago with all my browsers, and then I realised I’d done something with LiveReload, and left it on for all websites accidentally.

stOrM

So it seems its a Safari / Windows related problem for whatever reason.
    Well I guess the only thing I could do to track that problem down if its only on my Windows machine or on every Windows machine using Safari.

What’s getting my attention was when I remove the link to google fonts from the webpage everything is fine so it must be a specific problem with this only … guessing!

But in the moment I found a way around this annoying bug:

@media screen and (-webkit-min-device-pixel-ratio:0) {
    .adr {
    font-family:Helvetica, arial, sans-serif;
    }

Immediatly all problems are gone page does not reload anymore strange but works…
    So no custom fonts anymore but at least site works :)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.