Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other RTL in Markdown!-WordPress

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

markdown is great but it doesnt support “rtl”! you can’t write languages like Persian or Arabic or Hebrew with just having Markdown and basic html ability!! for solving this i want to allow my users to write unfiltered html for having a paragraph with **dir=”rtl”**! i know its not cool to let users having unfiltered html but i dont have another choice! my question is: is there any other way to have **direction=right to left** without letting everyone else *unfiltered html* ability?! or is unfiltered html ability a bad thing to do in WordPress?!

tomrogers123

This thread has some good info about a JavaScript port of Markdown that added right-to-left support: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2258028/rtl-in-markdown/.

thanks @tomrogers123 but it’s just JS and not actual HTML that stores in database!

tomrogers123

Still, if this is the only option, you could post it via an AJAX call, couldn’t you?

@tomrogers123 you are right man! :) i think about it and i understand that i can simply use rtl (and css) in comment sections to show user comments in right to left format! as easy as a pie! :)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.