Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other RSS feed onto website

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    infocentre

Hi guys,

you will recognize the layout of my new website http://www.skateboardingvideo.co.uk (thanks Chris ; ) – Why fix an unbroken formular!?). Anyways, you will see that the blog is being lifted directly from the Blogger RSS using jFeed. (thats why it takes a few seconds to load)

My question is, is there a better way to grab directly from an RSS? A way that would look good to Google and have all the content indexed correctly? or will this be happening already?

The reason the blog is hosted on Blogger is because there are many curators. Having it there, where they can all have their own log in and easy editor really is ideal without putting together another CMS.

Im open to all suggestions!

Thanks
    Alex

AshtonSanders
    Participant

Yea… Most of the time, blogs are driven by a database, not RSS feeds. So the Database creates both the RSS feed and the actual website/blog. This is how wordpress and blogger work.

I am also a pretty big fan of wordpress. It would easily do everything you are asking of it (multiple user accounts, custom and free themes).

My 2 cents.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.