Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Rounded Corners and Safari 4.0.3

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I am creating a website with rounded corners. I watched Chris’ video on rounded corners, and I’m using #4 (jquery method). It works well in IE and Firefox, but in Safari (on a PC) the corners have a black background.

Am I doing something wrong, or is there a setting in the js file that I can change?

You can see the page at http://www.robinescott.com/crywolf/index.html. The header is an image, so it displays correctly. The white space behind the photo is where I’m using the jquery method to display the rounded corners.

Here’s the CSS I’m using (I just changed .box-four to .box-main)

.box-main {
    width: 928px;
    background: #ffffff;
    border: 1px solid #ffffff;
    margin-bottom: 14px;
    margin-top: 2px;
    margin-right: 0px;
    margin-left: 0px;
    }
    .box-main .inside { padding: 20px; }

I’d appreciate any help you can give me.

Thanks,
    Robin

MesmerLab

For some reason, the "rgb (241,241,241)" is being rendered as pure black in Safari 4.0.3. Maybe you already know that’s the culprit. After a quick search of "jquery safari 4 rgb issues" and related keywords I found nothing of importance.

maybe there’s something in the jquery code itself? :?

good luck! and be sure to post your findings when you figure it out

I gave up and used Chris’ method 1 (the cheat method of using images). It works but it’s surely not the best solution. Thanks for your assistance.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.