Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Rookie problem with external sheet/Sublime

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Tar
    Participant

I am creating an external stylesheet in Sublime using CSS3.

When I start typing ‘header’ it changes colour to pink when ‘head’ is typed, but not when I finish the typing. The header becomes white and naturally, no changes are made on my page. I’ve tried googling it but with not much success. Why would it not recognise it?

I have no problems with other elements whatsoever. The header is the only one.

This is for an online course and the due date is in a day, I can’t proceed without it being recognised as a valid element. :/

Help, please. :D

Paulie_D

I’m not sure what you are asking.

Is your issue with Sublime Text syntax highlighting or that the CSS you are creating isn’t working?

If it’s the CSS…we’d need to see it.

If it’s Sublime Text…I’d suggest you did into their docs.

Tar
    Participant

It’s the highlighting that doesn’t work. It works for all the other elements, but as soon as I put a header in, it doesn’t work (and that goes for all elements after it). Consequently, the stylesheet doesn’t work for the parts that are not properly highlighted. Sorry for the bad explaining, I just started to learn.

Paulie_D

Consequently, the stylesheet doesn’t work for the parts that are not properly highlighted.

That doesn’t make any sense.

If the CSS is valid, it will work regardless of whether ST’s syntax highlighting works or not.

Perhaps we need to see some code…you may have a syntax problem.

Tar
    Participant

I took your ‘it doesn’t make sense’ as a cue to check it once again. Now it works? But it didn’t work the prior 50+ times that I tried. I changed nothing.

Do you know the reason for some elements not being highlighted?

Paulie_D

No idea…without seeing it in action.

My guess is that you missed a comma or semi-colon somewhere…

Anyway, glad you got it sorted.

Tar
    Participant

I really haven’t changed anything, I just opened it in my browser again (the same one I used before, Chrome). And the changes just…appeared.

Thanks for your time and effort. :)

Paulie_D

Oh…caching issue then perhaps.

G’night.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.