Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Roll down image from hovering over menu item

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jzim
    Participant

Hi all, I am new to the CSS world and was wondering if the following was possible.

Main page has a menu bar above a main image. When the menu items are hovered on, a new image is cascaded down over the main image, when mouse is moved the image goes to the main image or to the next cascading image on the next menu item… Does that make sense? Basically on hovering over the menu item above the image it cascades a preview image down prior to clicking the menu item and sending the visitor to the full scale information page… So the visitor can see a condensed version of what he is about to click on…

Thanks

Paulie_D

So the visitor can see a condensed version of what he is about to click on

Does that make sense?

Not exactly. What will these image(s) be of…other pages?

If so, how will you maintain the page / image link?

If you are talking about a gallery of some kind with ‘thumbnails’ as a kind of menu…then, sure, something could be worked out.

jzim
    Participant

I would just use an image that contains sample content. For examples a photo is displayed when the site is loaded and there is a text menu above. Sort of in the style of a pop down menu when the menu item is hovered over an image, the same size as the default image that loaded, would pop down over it and replace the main Img…

Paulie_D

Frankly, I’m not quite getting what you are trying to do…nor a reason for it.

Jando Jando
    Participant

Hmm, found this: http://jsfiddle.net/Sionnach733/hgLkT/4/ Kind of what you are looking for?

But then change the background image instead of the color. It’s jQeury though, don’t think it’s possible with css only but maybe I’m wrong.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.