Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Rock Hammer (with Hammer for Mac)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    grimski
    Participant

For the last few years I’ve used Andy Clarke’s (Malarkey) 320andup boilerplate, along with CodeKit and LESS. I figured it was about time I ‘upgraded’ and tried the Rock Hammer boilerplate. In the process swapping CodeKit for Hammer for Mac and SASS.

Truth is, I don’t know where to start.

Chances are I’m being a bit (very) thick and missing something obvious, but I could do with some help if anyone uses or has any experience with this.

1st attempt, I downloaded “Rock Hammer” from the Git repo: https://github.com/malarkey/rock-hammer.

I extracted the files into a folder. Then using Hammer, selected “Add Existing Project…”, navigating to the folder. I get a “Build failed” message and I’m not sure how to rectify it.

2nd, I downloaded the rockhammer.hammer template from Hammer’s gallery: http://hammerformac.com/gallery.

I double click the file, it opens in Hammer and I save it (anywhere) and I get a “Build Failed” message again.

Lastly, I tried “Create a new project…”, the default I guess, nothing to do with “Rock Hammer” and a new project was successfully created. So it works but obviously the files and folder structure are totally different to Rock Hammer.

Can anyone help me here? What am I doing that’s totally stupid?

grimski
    Participant

Looks like a software glitch. I downloaded the demo on another computer and it seems to works fine. Maybe something to do with El Capitan upgrade or an issue with the install (even though I had reinstalled once).

If anyone has any tips/recommendations for either Hammer or Rock Hammer boilerplate they’d be appreciated though.

For example, if you use an include like “accordion”, how do you manage the content. I’d assume you just edit that in the “Build” folder …but won’t that just get overwritten when you compile the files again?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.