Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Revamping the forum. Thoughts?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Paulie_D

I assume this is why Paulie_D posts links from the service, Let Me Google That For You.

Yes…it’s mostly through frustration with particularly bad questions when I use LMGTFY because a simple Google search would have brought up a myriad of similar questions / answers.

I’m not sure there’s a way to ‘force’ users to provide good questions (SO sure can’t)..other than simply to not help them until they improve the question / provide the information.

I don’t think that’s a road we want to travel too far. Continuing to ask for proper information is, it seems to me, is the only practical way forward.

If they don’t respond…ignore them.

It might be an option for Mods to “Close” threads more aggressively but that’s really a nuclear option that I generally leave for threads that have either (1) completely lost the plot … or (2) are necro-posted and any continuing discussion would be better suited to a new thread entirely.

It’s not something I do often and I always give it great thought before doing so…plus it can always be undone if necessary.

Paulie_D

What I’m suggesting is to use a feature that will require effort on the user’s part.

That sounds a lot like ‘force’ to me…but I wasn’t suggesting that force (as such) be used…just saying that you can’t.

Paulie_D

I’ll just leave this here.

LOL

Shikkediel
    Participant

I think posting the following request here is not completely inappropriate – if possible, please make it so that triple ticks don’t get reverted to single when a post is edited. Or that it gets a mind of it’s own and decides where to place new single ticks.

Thanks in advance. :-)

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.