Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Reusing same instance/image

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    niccwhite
    Participant

Hi,
    i have a rotating circle, made of several triangles (some of one color, some of the other color) , like a pie. Since there’s only two kinds of triangle for the whole pie, would it be possible to use only the two original triangles and replicate them in some way?
    Thnks, Nic

Paulie_D

Can you show us what you have so far in a Codepen.io example?

niccwhite
    Participant

I must say i work with google web design tool, yeah i know please don’t despise me, and i don’t know what’s this .io you’re refering to. I was actually wondering if that procedure was so obvious that it went without saying but after giving it a second though i think i’ll go on with my 25 replicates after all.

niccwhite
    Participant

I’m starting up the thing from scratch again with the same replicate formula and i’ll send you the whole thing as soon as it’s done, thanks for your attention.
    Nic.

niccwhite
    Participant

Hi, i’ve set up a bare example, i don’t know how to publish my zip file (cause google web designer produces a bunch of folder and file while saving a html) so i’d be happy if someone just deign throw a rapid eye down on the code in case it inspired a quick and simple though on recycling the original image i use instead of copy paste it 10 times might be much appreciated, but no big fuss please, i personally don’t need to put much expense on this so. It’s just semantic compulsion and the enthusiasm for a potential line of code that definitely might come in handy many times in the future.
    Thanks much, Nic.

Paulie_D
    niccwhite
    Participant

Thank you i’ll study this in depth.

niccwhite
    Participant

http://codepen.io/anon/pen/pjGqL

Here’s what i think you were reffering to.
    My concern is that i see a gamut to include assets no more,
    which i think might get relevant, not to mention the files google web design creates along with the .html.
    However, i hope not to knock out anyone with that amazing amount of code as i cannot pretend to understand one percent myself. Anyways, the original image i produce to copy and paste 8 times for this example became gwd-image_1,
    gwd-image_2, gwd-image_3 and so forth. Which i could only find in the body section. Might worth a mention that this time i used an imported image (four multicolored rays) instead of something created directly into google web designer with the pen tool, as i though i could create something better, which won’t be the case finally (multigradient stuff), so would you prefer a work of strictly
    ‘html’ created art, as i probably will come back that solution?
    Well, thank you for your (so far) interest.
    cheers, Nic
    PS: don’t hesitate to pass if i’m boring.

niccwhite
    Participant

Ok i see it now, i’ll have to link the image plus whatever assets needed for this first so i’ll be back as soon as i will have had time to do it. Good night

niccwhite
    Participant

I sure will i can’t wait to. I’m just having a couple of thing to tamper with before i do.

niccwhite
    Participant

Hi pros, here’s a retry of a simple test i made:
    http://codepen.io/anon/pen/kfiDI
    by the way this a extremely neat widget, but i don’t know if i filled this thing right cause there seems to be a missing rectangle, however anyone i think should get the picture,
    my question is is it possible to use a single rectangle instead of copy and pasting three more, would it be a smart thing to do, and since we’ve reached that point, whould it be possible to change color of any as well, if all possible so far.
    Thnks very much
    Cheers, Nic.

niccwhite
    Participant

Impressive work, this codepen is very powerfull indeed, i think i’ve managed my way anyways, it was more of a rhetorical wondering, just two more things, what is that fork for, and is there a reason why the number of triangles have doubled?
    Thanks very much anyways.
    Cheers, Nic

niccwhite
    Participant

Interesting to note that no css or javascript were needed in the codepen. Solution for me in a nutshell is i need to read a book or two.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.