Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Returning to web design after long hiatus (noob questions)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    flex4life

First off I just want to say that CSS-Tricks site looks awesome. I love the font styles, it looks so clean, back in the day I could only make it look like this with text on graphics. Not sure how the font styles would appear on older browsers ? Is there a way to check?

I want to create a site for a potential client that has this font style for the text content:
    http://www.hearingplanet.com/hearing-aids

Back in the day this wasn’t possible but now it apparently is. What I need to know is what browsers will this font style work for and what browsers won’t?

Watson90

Hi @flex4life

Yes you’re right it can be done now, there are a few various ways it can be done.

I personally use cufon, searching that in Google and you’ll get a wide range of results and help To get you started…

Also you can use google web fonts which are really nice but i havent tried them yet. Maybe on a next project.

There are alot of people on the forums who know alot about this sort of thing who will be able to tell you more on the more modern ways of doing this.

chrisburton
    Participant

I recommend Webtype for higher quality web fonts. I would not recommend Google’s web fonts.

flex4life

Wow, thanks for the responses everyone, I really appreciate it. I’m pumped and am just looking where to start.

flex4life
    chrisburton
    Participant

@flex4life Are you talking about the logo? If so, my answer is below.

The second one is by Doyald Young. It is not a font but custom lettering. Large Version.

I’m not sure about the first so I would recommend asking on the Typophile ID board.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.