Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Restaurant site Re-Design

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    maro
    Participant

Old site – http://www.creperie-beaumonde.com/beaumonde/

New site designed in WP – http://studiozdesign.net/development/wordpress/

looking for feedback. thanks

TheDoc

Took a hell of a long time to load everything.

I’d definitely recommend looking at cutting down some file sizes. A nearly 700KB background image? Granted, connection speeds are getting better, but that is still way to big for even an average Cable or ADSL connection.

itwasme

Unless I am reading your request incorrectly I think you were asking for feedback on the esthetic of the design.

Obvious you can decrease the file size of the background images in photoshop or various other image manipulation programs.

I think as far as the design goes you have taken great strides forward from the previous one which is very dated. I like the use of the background image. If I am not mistaken it looks like the wallpaper in some of the photos which is a great way to bring the esthetic of the restaurant in to the design of the site along with all of the photos of the establishment.

I do agree with the previous post pointing out the use of gray. I would explore the suggestion of using a color from the logo for contrast.

One other thing I would suggest is maybe trying the font face from the word creperie in the logo for the headers used in the site. I do like the current headers but it may be worth looking at to bring an aspect of the logo in to the design more.

All in all I think you have done a great job with the new design. It is very clean and easy to navigate. You should be proud of your work.

maro
    Participant

Thanks for all the wonderful feedback. You guys are right about the grey! and the images being so large.

There is def room for improvement and I will be taking on some of your suggestions. thanks so much. This forum rocks.

nate374

The new site is a definite improvement. The logo really pops against the black, whereas it blended in with the background color of the old site. On my screen, there’s a bit of the page below the fold. I understand it’s difficult to accommodate the large variations in monitor sizes, but it might be helpful if the design was raised up a bit.

The new homepage is clean and easy to navigate. The information naturally falls in the places the eye looks first. Nice work.

Nate

AustinKnight
    Participant

Looks great! I have one suggestion though…On the gallery page, you should have something for the viewer to flip through the images instead of having them wait for each one to rotate. It kinda frustrated me haha.

Besides that it’s a great improvement from the previous site!

-Austin

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.