Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Responsive sides not aligning

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    pepe_lepew
    Participant

Hi:

I am having a problem creating a responsive layout. I have a 1280 screen and when I open the layout, my side bar is pushed down to the next line. I want it right next to the left section, clean and snug with a little gap. When I re-size the window, this continues to stay until my next css media query kicks in. Can anyone help me get this aligned and clean please. I have posted a link with the css style in the html to make it easier to post.

http://www.pepelepew1962.x10.mx/

shamai

well its set to float right, when i should be float left.

yoyo
    Participant

try this in @media screen and (max-width: 1280px)
    #page_left
    {
    width: 70%;
    }

75% is not working,may be the margins takes some space.

Paulie_D

It’s definitely the borders / margins that are causing the problem.

Equally, if you want it **right next to the left section, clean and snug with a little gap.** then, as was said, you should float it left.

pepe_lepew
    Participant

ok, I changed the float to left and changed the percentage to 69 instead of 69.55 but when I view at 1280 there is a gap between the side ( purple) and the far right. This gap becomes visually better when I resize the screen, but is there a way to just specify the left ( green ) div size and whatever space is available, make that for the side ( purple )???

Paulie_D

Here’s an option for you. http://codepen.io/Paulie-D/pen/LkKvi

I’ve stated all all width & margins (that’s important) in % and applied box-sizing as appropriate so the borders don’t mess up the width calculations.

If you want this…

>s there a way to just specify the left ( green ) div size and whatever space is available, make that for the side ( purple )???

…we’d have to restructure.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.