Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Responsive Navigation.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    BibCra
    Participant

I’m trying to create a responsive navigation which displays a logo image in the middle. So on a desktop or tablet it will be as below:

LINK LINK LOGO IMAGE LINK LINK

But on a mobile device I want the logo image to display above the navigation and the link stacked below.

LOGO IMAGE
    LINK
    LINK
    LINK
    LINK

If anyone has any suggestions on how to do this please share!

:)

Paulie_D

When you say stacked below do you mean…

LOGO IMAGE

LINK

LINK

LINK

or

LOGO IMAGE

LINK LINK LINK

?

BibCra
    Participant

When you say stacked below do you mean…

LOGO IMAGE

LINK

LINK

LINK

BibCra
    Participant

Similar to the menu on the Forefathers Group website @ http://forefathersgroup.com/.

Senff
    Participant

It’s not the most perfect solution, but you might want to try this: http://jsfiddle.net/senff/Ew4db/1/

Basically, there are two logos in the markup (one before the links, and one in the middle).

On desktop, the logo before the links is not shown (only the one in the middle), and all other elements are floating left.
    On mobile, the logo in the middle is not shown (only the one before the links), and all elements are not lined up but stacked.

Not sure why it’s not responding to screen size changes on jsFiddle, but if you look at the code you’ll see what I’m trying to do.

BibCra
    Participant

Thanks for the response I will take a look. I’m trying to make it make it as simple as I can.

Paulie_D

Firstly, why not inspect the Source markup of the example site and then examine the CSS relating to it?

Firebug /Web Inspector will allow you to do this. It ain’t hard.

I looked at it and their method seemed quit elegant…and fairly logical/semantic too.

BibCra
    Participant

Hey Paulie,

How can I find the media queries using Firebug /Web Inspector. Got the markup & CSS relating to it.

BibCra
    Participant

Just switched to Chrome and can now find them.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.