Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS responsive nav menu not working on mobile devices

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    drizzy
    Participant

Hey everyone

I’m currently working on this website and I’m having some trouble here with the navigation menu at the top.

it’s a responsive menu and works on the desktop browsers, but when I try it on my mobile phone or tablet it doesn’t work at all.

Can anyone let me know what I’m doing wrong in the css markup.

TIA

shaneisme
    Participant

Correct me if I’m wrong, but that looks like it’s a WordPress plugin (ubermenu)? One that looks to rely on JS too… I’m not sure I know how to debug it without spending a lot of time on it.

Perhaps don’t rely on the plugin, and instead search for a CSS-only solution?

drizzy
    Participant

I have those plugins, but I’m not using them to create the navigation menu its purely css and widgets

shaneisme
    Participant

If that’s the case, I wouldn’t waste time trying to troubleshoot it in it’s nearly completed environment. Set up a reduced test case and throw it up on CodePen. If you do that you should be able to find the culprit quickly (or you’ll know that the code has no issues and is being caused by something in the WordPress environment).

Also, we can easily help find bugs :)

drizzy
    Participant

Thank you, I’ll give that a shot

Paulie_D

Also, what does ‘doesn’t work at all‘ mean?

…and

its purely css and widgets

Aren’t widgets plug-ins &/or JS ‘powered’…so it’s possibly a JS error.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.