Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS [Solved] Responsive nav menu not showing

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    halebales24
    Participant

I am trying to create a nav menu that can be used for smaller screens and for some reason I cannot get display the menu below when you click the nav bar. It worked a moment ago, but I think the photo may be covering up the menu.

http://codepen.io/halebales24/pen/pJwayV

I also apologize in advance for how weird the nav menu bar looks when you make your window display 500px wide. It looks better in my text-editor with my added css and personal images. I just used some images online for place holders.

Ryan Yurkanin
    Participant

Hi Hales!

This example is pretty hard to work through. Could you cut out all of the extras and try to present more of a refined codepen that still has the error? It would make it easier to get to the root of the problem, and maybe would could figure out a page wide fix.

Thanks!

halebales24
    Participant

Thank you! I went ahead and cleaned up some of my code and replaced the image of the nav menu icon with another to make it look more presentable.

Now I just need help getting the entire menu to show up instead of cutting off. It still has one more tab to show.
    My idea is to have the menu push the footer down when it opens or to push both the image and the footer together. I’m just not sure how to go about doing that.

halebales24
    Participant

Nevermind, I got it to work! I updated my first post to have the updated code. :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.