Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Responsive issue

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ctpweb

On the homepage of my website wiels-music.be/music there are 4 blogposts showing. You can see the image, title and excerpt of the post. This used to be displayed in two columns, now it’s changed to one column. The issue I experience is that on a smartphone, for instance on my Xperia Go, the title and excerpt appear on the right of the image and make the screen size wider than it is, which makes it able to scroll horizontally. The title and excerpt should be displayed below the image on smaller screen sizes. You can see it when you resize the screen on a computer too.

Hope you guys can help!

Paulie_D

Off hand it would seem that your media queries aren’t adjusting the width of a module

For instance:

.omc-half-width-category.omc-module-a {
    width: 590px; <

overflow: hidden;

Is still in operation at widths under 1000px (roughly).

ctpweb

can I change it to a percentage so it resizes automatically?

but on a smartphone the title and excerpt need to appear below the image, not next to it anymore, so that issue would stay, no?

Paulie_D

Once step at a time.

>can I change it to a percentage so it resizes automatically?

You could…why don’t you try it an see if you like it.

>a smartphone the title and excerpt need to appear below the image, not next to it anymore, so that issue would stay, no?

At some point, I think they do…perhaps you need to adjust the media query?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.