Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS responsive design, iphone & ipad scrolling intermittently cuts off

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    carasin

I’m getting a pretty bizarre issue on load of a responsive page with an iphone or ipad, maybe one out of every five times the page will scroll most of the way down and then stop. It’s as if the page content is ending. If I refresh the page or reorient the device, this then allows me to scroll the rest of the way. Sometimes this does happen on the landscape orientation of an ipad, so it’s not necessarily a media query issue.

My viewport tag is:

meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width,minimum-scale=1.0,initial-scale=1.0"

I’ve gotten this on an ipad2, iphone 4 and 4s both on ios6.

Has anyone seen anything like this?

Paulie_D

Nope…but frankly this sounds more like a data connection issue than anything else.

carasin

Unfortunately can’t post a link before it’s officially released.

Paulie_D

I don’t think a reduced case will help.

The content appears on a page refresh..so it’s (logically) a connection / loading issue…isn’t it?

We even don’t know if this a static site or based on a CMS.

Insufficient data, Captain. :)

carasin

The odd part is content also appears after fiddling with pinch zooming or reorienting the device. So it seems everything is loading but potentially not being rendered.

It’s actually totally static html. The pages can be fairly long with a lot of text and a few images, but I’ve had it happen on pretty simple pages.

Did a non-branded version here, however I have not been able to reproduce the issue here. http://codepen.io/carasin/full/DjHzk

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.