Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Responsive design and why I want to make love to it

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    hero

I had a request to make a full mobile version of our phone directory which is 20 pages. Mistakenly, I decided to use jQuery Mobile which added more pages and duplicate .net code for me to maintain. I have never been a fan of this framework but held my nose while using it. I published the site feeling like a cheap date that never got a call back the following morning.

A few cold showers later an opportunity arose for me to redo the look of our internal sites. Again, I revisited these frameworks but most came with a lot of extra baggage (size). I ran across Initialr and opted writing a responsive design that sort of resembled a mobile look.

An hour into writing both a fluid and fixed grid system, type, and responsive design, this is what I have…

(it’s NOT pretty yet: be warned – just a demo to see if I can do this)

http://screencast.com/t/KYCBsNMGJ7L

So if the showcased mobile sites on ExtJS, jQuery Mobile, and others aren’t using phonegap – and are treated more like mobile sites – why use it? What are you planning on doing and what is your taken on this?

dfogge
    Participant

ive been using initializr for the past few months and havnt looked back.

i like it lots n lots.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.