Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Responsive css doesn't work until reload

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    papdronning
    Participant

This page: http://skyum.dk/

has some responsive css, but it doesn’t load correctly untill the page is reloaded. If you try resizing the browser window to max:1000px you’ll see that the grey bar goes in front of the slider ect. If you then reload the element rearrange nicely as they should.

Any ideas what is causing this?

Atelierbram
    Participant

There is this viewport meta tag in the head that is a bit different than what you usually see, but that may not even be it.

If you try resizing the browser window to max:1000px you’ll see that the grey bar goes in front of the slider ect.

There is this inline styling on that ul#filter that kicks in only after resizing the browser:

<ul id="filter" style="position: fixed; top: 70px; right: 312px; width: 388px;" >

There’s quite a bit of javascript going on, probably isotope script inject’s this inline CSS, so may be you can customise some settings, or don’t use ‘Isotope’ on this navigation-bar, position it in the media-queries, for it is not part of a gallery (collection of images or layout boxes).

papdronning
    Participant

Hmmm … I didn’t build the site and have never used isotope. Where would I look for these settings?

Atelierbram
    Participant

To be clear: you are maintaining this site, aren’t you?

If yes, before trying to answer your question, could you maybe share (globally) what your current development setup is? Are you developing remote, or local. Do you use FTP, Git, or what do you use? Do you have a local copy of this site on your machine?

papdronning
    Participant

I didn’t build it, would never have build it this way and can’t quite figure out why a lot of things on the site has been done the way they have.

It is up and running and I just use FTP. I don’t have a local copy.

Atelierbram
    Participant

Ok, now my question is:

What is stopping you from pulling those remote files in with FTP, in order to check the site locally?

papdronning
    Participant

Nothing. I just don’t know where to look since I don’t know how Isotope works.

Atelierbram
    Participant
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.