Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Resizable BG plus time sensitive CSS

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    BarsikSoftPaws
    Participant

Hi there, guys!
    I’ve got a tricky thing here to solve. The thing is, that I’ve got a bg, which has to be re-sizable to browser window.
    I’ve found here this post https://css-tricks.com/perfect-full-page … und-image/ which was really helpful to figure out, how to do it without Java. But the tricky part is that I want to build the time sensitive CSS, so that night, day, sunrise etc bg would nicely change with daytime. Plus the change of whole layout.
    With the help of small php I try to actually achieve that change of bg.

<?php
    $time = date(‘G’);
    $sunrise = date_sunrise(time(), SUNFUNCS_RET_DOUBLE);
    $sunset = date_sunset(time(), SUNFUNCS_RET_DOUBLE) + 1;
    if($time >= $sunrise && $time < $sunrise + 2) $style3 = ‘sunrise’;
    elseif($time >= $sunrise + 2 && $time < $sunset) $style3 = ‘day’;
    elseif($time >= $sunset && $time < $sunset + 2) $style3 = ‘sunset’;
    else $style3 = ‘night’;
    ?>

plus stylesheets with different scenes. But it just won’t work together :( The bg is all the time destroyed. Is there is smb here who could help me? Am desperate! :(

TheDoc

This isn’t tested, but you might be able to do something like this:

Code:
    $hour = date(‘H’);

if ($hour >= 6 && <=9) {
    echo(‘<link rel="stylesheet" href="sunrise.css" type="text/css" media="screen, projection" />’);
    } elseif ($hour > 9 && < 20) {
    echo(‘<link rel="stylesheet" href="day.css" type="text/css" media="screen, projection" />’);
    } elseif ($hour >=20 && <=21) {
    echo(‘<link rel="stylesheet" href="sunset.css" type="text/css" media="screen, projection" />’);
    } else {
    echo(‘<link rel="stylesheet" href="night.css" type="text/css" media="screen, projection" />’);
    }

I’m not very proficient in PHP, so hopefully somebody can clean that one up for me.

BarsikSoftPaws
    Participant

Thanx! At least some answer. ;) But the question is how do I get this to work with resizable bg?
    Because the problem is that whatever I looked through resizable img is in body. How do I get control this? :P

TheDoc

You can control the body background via CSS. I’m not sure what you’re asking for here.

BarsikSoftPaws
    Participant

Hi! Thanks for reply once again! :)
    I know that I can control bg img through CSS, but I really want to have resizable img like here
    https://css-tricks.com/perfect-full-page … und-image/
    or like here
    http://buildinternet.com/live/supersized/
    no matter what browsers measurements are, it stays ratio. And as if you can see in both cases bg img is in the body. In first case inside of table, in other case – as the link.
    And what am struggling is how to actually put there some div id or whatever, so the img would be in external CSS for php. There…
    Whatever I have done with Jquery it didn’t work at all, with table case it did work somehow, just the img was completely destroyed :(

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.