Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Replacing text by clicking a button

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    chrisburton
    Participant

@thejive You’re still using `href=”#”`

You should be using `href=”javascript:void(0)”`

thejive

Done! I’m having to copy your replies into TextEdit to read them haha! Thanks!

ideaprison
    Participant

Instead of the href=”javascript:void(0)” since its icky and shows when people hover the link you should just use

example:

$(“a”).click(function (e) {
    e.preventDefault();
    });

thejive

Where do I put that code? In the site HTML? And what do I use for the a href?
    hashtag or a blank target just takes me back to the Cargo Collective homepage.

thejive

Woah this forum is really strange. Now my post just formatted in a weird way (at least on my screen).

chrisburton
    Participant

@thejive put that code just below your last jQuery code.

Paulie_D

I’ve edited it…the forum works oddly if you use a #hashtag

At least sometimes :)

chrisburton
    Participant

I think the issue is because of the base href but you can’t remove that as it might effect other things.

thejive

I’m probably going to be banned for going on and on about this. But i’m STILL at a loss! I’ve summarised my attempts everything here: http://support.cargocollective.com/customer/portal/questions/580760-jquery-script-implementation

ideaprison
    Participant

Sorry, i noticed it too late that “return false” was already in one of the examples/replies before mine!

chrisburton
    Participant

@thejive Try asking this question on http://stackoverflow.com if no one else here can help.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.