Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Rendering Errors in CodePen in Chrome on OS X?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    bmoneruiux
    Participant

I’m having some serious rendering problems with CodePen in Chrome running on OS X.
    That didn’t even sound right typing that, as this has got to be an anomaly.

I was at work today, and decided to make a Pen mockup of how I wanted one of our backend tools to look and operate. It looked GREAT on our WinDoze machine. However, once I got home, I was in for a huge surprise.

My CodePen Project

The select list menu, checkbox buttons, and save button are all being butchered style wise by something, and I can’t figure out what it is. I didn’t even style those, and they’re acting up big time.

Someone please come to my rescue!

Paulie_D

For those of us not on OSX, perhaps you could provide us with a couple of screenshots so we can compare?

I would say (and it’s probably unrelated) but you have a lot of duplicated (and some unnecessary) CSS in there….mostly related to the #ptbuttons

bmoneruiux
    Participant

I thought I’d uploaded it already. Hmm well until I either get back home, or someone else with a Mac sees what I see…

Care to help me out with this unnecessary and dup CSS? :D

bmoneruiux
    Participant

I’ve gone and fixed the dup CSS errors, and removed unneeded things as well. Guess I wasn’t thinking when I was creating. I usually optimize later down the line, but it’s resolved.

Now just need to solve this Chrome/Mac problem.

bmoneruiux
    Participant

Ok so I stripped out the CSS, and rebuilt it with normalize.css as a base. My problems are now fixed.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.