Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS renaming the “wordpress” file uploaded to the root directory …

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    nathan05

I am dinkin around with things to kinda get things movin along … and it hit me can someone get the “obscure” path for my site … if they right click on an image I uploaded and select “copy link location” then paste that info into the url bar to get the root directory of my site … anywho … its possible … and is this a security issue and how do I fix this …

TheDoc

I’m not really sure what you’re asking… Anyone that knows anything about WordPress would be able to immediately know your exact file structure, that doesn’t mean they’ll be able to do anything about it (ie, write to your server).

nathan05

well … I am learning through Chris’ book Diggin Into WP … and one of the first things mentioned is to rename the WP folder at the time of installation … and copy the index.php and .htaccess files to the root directory of the site and change the code accordingly … the intention is to make the site a lil harder for bots to find …

my question or what I am thinking is this … can someone right click on an image I upload and get the path I was trying to make harder to find … and still mess with the site?

not sure that made any sense either … just let me know if I am talkin non sense … thanks Doc

nathan05

… I was just wondering … I am literally learning this stuff as I go … I wasnt losing sleep … but I was just wondering if I was able to think of it … how easy would it be for a “HARDCORE” programmer to jack stuff … anywho … thanks for the input …

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.