Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS removing sidebars

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    fifi
    Participant

How can i remove the upper side bar containing the slider without moving the body
    link : http://roselinetravels.com/

Atelierbram
    Participant

Header is positioned absolute, which means it’s removed from the “page flow”. In DevTools I see a height of 146px. When you would give your .main element a top padding (or margin) of this height, then this will be compensated for.

.main {
      float: left;
      width: 100%;
      /* min-height: 730px; */
      padding: 146px 0 75px;
      background: #E9E6E0 url(../images/bgr/body.jpg) 0 0 repeat;
      /* display: inline-block; */
    }

Now you can set your .under-header-sidebar to display: none without moving the main-content through the roof.

fifi
    Participant

Thanks Atelierbram….the original theme looked like this http://www.africanmotionadventures.com/new/….. i didnt like that slider..
    so am modifying it.

but when i try to remove the slider and insert my own ,the widgets in the left and right side bars disappear within the header……..so i want to get rid of the body holding the slider….and come up with a new look

Atelierbram
    Participant

Maybe it’s better to change the look and feel of this existing slider, like you wrote: modifying it, then to swap it for another, because possible existing integration in WordPress theme, but I can’t tell from here. I did found a support page for the WordPress theme you are using, so maybe search and/or ask around for this there as well. Am running a bit out of time, but will later look at this, but it’s possible that there is an option in your WordPress theme (dashboard -> widgets settings ?) that will take care of things, when we are talking HTML and CSS… , tricky.

Some more documentation don’t know if it applies or not, but maybe worth to take a look …

fifi
    Participant

thanks…….

Atelierbram
    Participant

Forget to ask what it is that you don’t like about “that slider“. (: Not unimportant if we are trying to help you out with this : )

fifi
    Participant

Its just that the layout i had come up with on paper required a smaller slider……..but its okay i got a solution for it……….after consulting a few of my colleagues i work with

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.