Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Design Removing outer border/box or changing it's color on WordPress sidebar

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    krislynndez
    Participant

I am having trouble finding the right code to fully customize my sidebar. I have been able to alter the font, & font color of the widgets so far. I have also been able to change the immediate background color. But there is still a larger white box that the widgets are within. How do I either change the color of this box/border or just remove it entirely? Thanks.

Shikkediel
    Participant

It’ll be hard to tell without seeing any code…

krislynndez
    Participant

/sidebar widget title sizes/
    #secondary .widget-title {
    font-size: 20px;
    color: #ffffff;
    background-color: #036ba8;
    }

That is what I have been able to customize. So I have white text with blue background for the widgets, and then the widgets are within a white background, comprising the sidebar. It is that white background I am trying to remove or change the color of.

Beverleyh
    Participant

Sorry but the code you posted doesn’t really help us to help you.

But I think you can actually help yourself…

I am having trouble finding the right code to fully customize my sidebar

I think you probably mean that you’re having trouble finding the right element.

If you use the developer console to inspect the DOM (F12 in most browsers), you’ll be able to traverse up and down, inspecting the applied CSS in the styles pane as you go. It will tell you the stylesheets where the offending CSS is located, and even the appropriate selectors used to target each element, in order for you to write/modify your CSS. You can make live edits directly in the browser before transferring to your stylesheet.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.