Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Removing Horizontal Whitespace Between Divs

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    tomlom
    Participant

Hey everyone!

I’m trying to arrange 6 cards in two columns. Cards have different heights. When trying to arrange them using a flexbox, there is horizontal whitespace between cards. Cards need to be arrange left-to-right, top-to-bottom.

Any insight would be extremely helpful. Thanks!

Paulie_D

We need to see the code in a Codepen demo but if this a masonry layout that is usually reserved for Javascript solutions.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/44377343/css-only-masonry-layout-but-with-elements-ordered-horizontally

tomlom
    Participant

Hey Paulie,

Thanks for your response. Is there any way possible to do this with just CSS/HTML? That is what the client is looking for.

Beverleyh
    Participant

The link that Paulie provided is pretty comprehensive and covers all the prerequisites for a CSS-only solution (please read the whole thread), else, JavaScript it would have to be.

Also note what he said about needing to see your code. I already said that to you too in your previous question thread – it’s the quickest and most efficient way that any of us can help you, without guessing (which is time consuming and frustrating for all of us).

Pogany
    Participant

Hi,
    If CSS only is in your mind you may try using CSS columns, for example like this:

https://codepen.io/giaco/pen/BPmrLd

I hope it helps. Alternatively try putting together a simple codepen with what you have in mind.

Beverleyh
    Participant

The OP stated;

Cards need to be arrange left-to-right, top-to-bottom.

Unfortunately column-count orders items top-to-bottom, then left-to-right.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.