Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Removed [productpage] short code with wp e-commerce plugin and broke my whole site

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    jtm2012

I’ve been building a new WordPress site for my boss when I have time at work (I’m usually an editor at this company, but I have some web design in my background).

It’s my first experience working with shopping and membership plugins. I’m using wp e-commerce for the shopping cart, and everything was going great until I removed [productpage] from the main shopping page. I didn’t realize it was a fate worse than death to do that. I was trying to reverse the order of the products on the page and I inserted the short code [wpsc_products sort_order=’date’ order=’desc’] instead. The site was instantly broken when I removed [productpage]. The home page was gone. Proprietary information locked behind the membership software was showing. And all navigation was shot. No matter what I clicked on, the links wouldn’t work.

I have put the shortcode [productpage] back into the main products page for the store. That brought back my home page.

I have turned all proprietary information into drafts and deactivated the membership software and the e-commerce software.

The links still are not working. For example, on the home page, under the About Us tab, if I click “Experience,” I should get an experience page. I just get the home page.

Can any wise person on this forum tell me where I might look or what I might do to fix this mess? I do understand PHP coding up to a point, but I don’t know all the ins and outs of WordPress. I’m afraid to touch anything at this point.

Thank you.

JTM

jtm2012

I resaved the permalinks and the home page is working again. I see a little light at the end of the tunnel. Thx.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.