Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Regular SEO Maintenance

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Luminated

I wanted to start a discussion on SEO. I find myself to be fairly good at it…with the latest launch of a ‘green cabinetry’ website, we managed to get her onto the first page search results under various search queries in about two weeks (I was really surprised it was this fast). But while I feel I know the initial steps to optimize a site for search engines, what about maintenance? I’ve heard there’s a book called "SEO: An Hour A Day" but just the title confuses me.

What tactics can I employ on a daily/weekly/monthly basis to ensure that the sites that I get to rank high, stay ranked high :?:

TheDoc

Content, content, content.

Links, links, links.

That’s it. If you constantly have fresh content, people will link to you (blog posts as an example). If you have a good product, people will link to you.

Properly worded copy = High Ranking.

Links = High Ranking.

‘Round and ’round we go!

Luminated

What if the site’s copy and content is not the type that changes on a regular basis? What can be changed on a regular basis, aside from adding a blog to the site?

Also, do you all feel it is beneficial to have outbound links that are not mutual inbound links?

What is so odd is I have a near #1 ranking site that hasn’t had any content changes in years and virtually no links, yet it always ranks extremely high. Why would this be?

TheDoc
    "Luminated" wrote:
    What is so odd is I have a near #1 ranking site that hasn’t had any content changes in years and virtually no links, yet it always ranks extremely high. Why would this be?

It would be because of the copy. Just because the content isn’t changing doesn’t mean it won’t get a good rank. The site’s keywords are probably well placed throughout.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.