Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Refreshed portfolio site

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    daGUY

A while back I posted a link to my portfolio site…viewtopic.php?f=3&t=55

Anyway, I’ve refreshed the design slightly with a new look for the navigation menu (which I like MUCH better than the old one). I also spruced up the fonts and made some other small changes.

I’d love to hear some feedback on the new design! Here’s the site:

http://home.comcast.net/~daguy

rebelbwb

I like what you’ve done James. Good stuff. I like that green you have used. Because you are a designer it may/may not be helpful to right off the bat on your home page show a decent size graphic representing a latest work or something like that. Just thinking of some kind of ‘hook’ more or less to get potential clients interested. Also digging the big footer. Great job.

HJ05

I like your site. Very interesting. I like the navigation.

However, it could do with some more colors though. At times the green kinda feels out of place because it is the only color.
    Second, the gray on gray can sometimes be hard to read by people with different monitors or vision problems.

Keep it up.

iopet

I really like it

daGUY

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but I finally got around to implementing some of your suggestions…namely, adding a sidebar to the front page with featured work and my latest articles. It kills two birds with one stone – it keeps the line length shorter and it gives you something to see right when you go to the site, without having to navigate anywhere.

Thanks for the idea, I think it works well :-)

Again, here’s the site: http://home.comcast.net/~daguy

I do like the design of this site, it is clean and concise – however I would recommend inclusion of some sort of header image. Perhaps change your name text into a graphic with some flourishes just to liven things up a little – again I like the site, but try to vary the design a little.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.