Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Redirecting domain to wp site

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m new to wp and successfully constructed a site for my brother but now I’m finding that I may not have set up my wp folder in the right spot on my filemanager. I am trying to redirect my jbcustomhomes.net domain name to the working jbcustomhomes.net/wp site. I originally installed my wp folder in my root folder on my web hosting site. I did not install the wp folder inside the jbcustomhomes.net folder that was also in my root folder. The tech support person with my web hosting service said there were no files at all in my jbcustomhomes.net folder. So I tried transferring all the wp files into that folder and then the site would not open at all, and said that I did not have an index.html page so it couldn’t find the site. Can anyone help me? Do I need to hire a wp expert? How do I create an index.html page and did I do the right thing by putting all the wp files into the jbcustomhomes.net folder? The tech support with my host will try to help but I think that they don’t want to help with wp questions really and I’m not sure if they know the answer. Thank you very much.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.