- This topic is empty.
December 23, 2018 at 5:06 am #280501LordJonasParticipant
I’m developping a site with MVC framework in PHP. For testing purposes i need that any time that someone access the site instead of http://www.my-site.com/index.php it should go to http://www.my-site.com/public/index.php.
In my developping enviroment i’m using Windows 10, AMPPS, VSCode, PHP 7.
My real site is hosted in a Linux Server.
Any ideas ?December 28, 2018 at 10:47 pm #280628sagarleo1Participant
Hii Jonas, I will give you simple steps to follow,
• Log in to your GoDaddy account.
• Click Web Hosting.
• Next to the account you want to use, click Manage.
• From the Settings menu, select URL Redirects.
• Click the New Redirect button.
• Enter the domain from your account you want to redirect. If you want to redirect all of the domains in your hosting account, check the All domains on this account. Otherwise, enter the directories containing the sites you want to redirect in the Path field.
• Select whether or not you want all instances of your site with or without www.
• Click Next.
• Select if the destination site is http or https and enter the domain name you want to redirect to, as well as the path, if applicable. If the path box is left blank, it will redirect to the root of the domain you entered.
• Click Next. The Type window appears.
• Select which kind of redirect you want to use.
Note: Redirects can be permanent (a 301 redirect) or temporary (a 302 redirect). Redirect type is communicated to browsers and search engines through the redirecting site’s HTTP response. Search engines treat 301 and 302 redirects differently. For more information on redirect pages see What are 301 and 302 redirect pages?.
- Select your content redirect option. This option decides the behavior of your Site Redirect when a visitor goes to a content path of your domain name, such as http://coolexample.com/path.
o Match path redirects visitors to the same content path of the target domain name. For example, when a visitor goes to http://coolexample.com/path, they are redirected to http://mycoolestdomains.com/path.
o Root redirect redirects visitors to the root of the target domain name, ignoring the content path. For example, when a visitor goes to http://coolexample.com/path, they are redirected to http://mycoolestdomains.com.
Your domain will now be redirected with the options you selected. The redirect can take up to 24 hours to be completed. If you want to change or delete your redirect, simply select the redirect and click Edit or Delete in the toolbar.
- The forum ‘Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.