Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS really simple question regarding anchor tags?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    alexbass
    Participant

Hi everyone

I’m not stupid when it comes to CSS, but one thing that has always annoyed me is the stupid styling for anchor tags.
    I know you can override them with custom style, but surely there has got to be a way to ‘de-style’ them completely in a sort of ‘text-decoration:none’ way?

Thanks
    Alex

TheDoc

Not really sure what you’re going for here. There are lots of ways to style links, can you be more specific on what you’re trying to achieve?

alexbass
    Participant

Hi there

Well basically, an anchor link has default stylings of being blue, and then possibly underline and red on active. This is defaults stylings, I’m wondering if there is one, simple css property to delete all this styling, so it is as if I am hyperlinking it via javascript. It’s a stupidly simple question, but I just hate adding custom styling to a link when I already have markup styling all text in the div it’s inside! It’s just tedious!

Thanks

jcrp

Well i think using CSS-Reset in your project would be a better idea. If you knew about this already then i am sorry i dont have a better answer.

TheDoc

I don’t particularly understand what is tedious about writing three lines in your CSS file.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.