Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS re-size the page

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    scrlked

Greetings,

I just ran into a problem I am unable to figure out. I currently have an image on the background. I got it to center x and not y (world domination on step at a time!!!).

What I am trying to do is the same thing that happens on this site. When you resize the browser, the left hand side of the page stays put and right hand side gets overlapped.

Give it a try! Take the right hand side of the browser and make the browser skinnier. As you can see the left hand side if fixed and the right hand side just gets overwritten.

The problem is that when you do the same thing to my site (heh), both the left and the right gets moved.

This is what I have currently on the site:
    body {
    background-image: url(/Images/background_no_letters.png);
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
    background-position: center top;
    }

What can I do to make it behave like this page and also have it be in the middle when the browser is large enough.

Regards,

Scrlk

furrball1383

I’m not sure, I might be wrong but I believe the way this is done for css-tricks is with media queries instead. If I am wrong, I’m sure one of the more knowledgeable fellows on here will correct me shortly. But in the mean time you may want to check into how that works.

Mottie

Hi Scrlk!

Check out this post about CSS Media Queries.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.