Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Quicktime & IE Active X

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    angela1
    Participant

Hi guys,

I am having a problem with a Quicktime video and Active X warnings. I used the double object method to insert a QT movie to a site, and it’s working fine in most browsers (except Opera?). However, my main problem is that my client’s computer at his job is blocking the video – he’s’ using IE7 with Active X settings to HIGH and says he cannot change it due to network privileges. When I test it myself, it’s fine in IE6,7,8 with medium-high Active X settings, but when I change to high, I get the same problem.

Is there anyway to bypass this? Or any other suggestions? I would really appreciate any input or foresight on this.

Thank you so much,
    Angela

Here’s my code:

Code:

angela1
    Participant

Thanks for your reply, Eric. When I view your link in IE7 with security settings to HIGH, it also give me the same Active X warning and doesn’t play. I’ve pretty much concluded that those settings disable everything – JavaScript, Flash, multimedia, etc. I could be wrong, I’m not an IE user (only for testing), but I that’s what happens when I change my IE security settings to HIGH. Since that’s how my client’s corporate network is set up, and he can’t change the IE settings, I’m assuming I can’t do anything on my end to make the video display for them. Thanks again, though.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.