Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Design Quick question, where's the background image file?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    mw84
    Participant

For URL, https://blackrockdigital.github.io/startbootstrap-business-casual/
    for the world of me, I can’t find where the background image is and how it is being referenced.

Sharp eyes? Anyone?

Thanks.

Beverleyh
    Participant

Tip: The developer toolbar will help you – F12 in most browsers.

You can use it to inspect elements and locate the CSS properties (and images) that have been applied to them. It will also tell you which stylesheet has the relevant CSS inside, what it’s called and where it’s located. You can also modify styles live in the browser then transfer them to the stylesheet once you’re happy.

In this case, head for the stylesheet for your Business Casual template and look at the top. Stylesheets are normally structured in a logical way and main background images tend to come near the beginning.

mw84
    Participant

Beverley, yeah, I did, and I also did search with key word of background-image against the bootscrap css file as well to no avail. Got sharp eyes? Thanks.

Paulie_D

I’m assuming you mean the brick wall?

It’s on the body right at the top of business-casual.css

body {
        font-family: "Open Sans","Helvetica Neue",Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif;
        background: url(../img/bg.jpg) no-repeat center center fixed;
        -webkit-background-size: cover;
        -moz-background-size: cover;
        background-size: cover;
        -o-background-size: cover;
    }

Beverleyh
    Participant

Not sure how to interpret whether you’ve found the background image (the bricks and coffee cup) or not, but it’s the only background-image in the business-casual template CSS. It will not be found using “background-image” though because of CSS shorthand. A safer bet would be to search on “url” when looking for a background-image. It’s right at the top though like I said.

mw84
    Participant

Paulie_D, thank you!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.