Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Quick help with my site

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ScottF

Hey everybody. I need some CSS wizards to help me out if possible. My site – http://www.elitesoccercenter.com is having an issue where the menu is overlapping on some widescreen laptops. I can not replicate the issue on a widescreen PC monitor. Anyone come across this?

For added measure – Chrome shows the menu correctly regardless of screen.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

TheDoc

I’d venture a guess that it has nothing to do with them being on laptops – most probably a browser issue. What browser is the problem occurring in?

ScottF

Firefox 4.0.1 on both pc and laptop. Yet Laptop shows menu overlapping and pc does not.

ScottF

check it. If i make the font size 12px the menu length matches exactly. But when it’s left at it’s default 11px….it’s screwed up. So SOMETHING with the resolution difference between my PC and Laptop is throwing an issue with 11px font size. crazy right?

TheDoc

Firefox 4.0.1 on XP looks fine for me. Changing it to 12px via Firebug makes it drop down onto a 2nd line.

Browsers are going to render fonts slightly different, I would not rely on font size to set your menu width.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.