Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Question about domain transfers

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    sethgoochdesigns
    Participant

Ok, so I came across a new client in which I am doing a website redesign for. They have their domain name and I believe they are using Yahoo! Web Hosting and a basic free template. Now I’m still somewhat new to this stuff, so I’m wondering whats the best way to go about it? What do you web designers usually do? She obviously pays the yearly domain name renewal and monthly hosting fees. I, myself, use Blue Host…and since I have unlimited domain hosting with Blue Host, I guess I was just thinking I should transfer her domain name to my hosting so it’s easier for me to manage it for any content changes/updates, etc. Is this the right process? Would I then charge her monthly or yearly on the side for the hosting and she continue to pay the yearly domain renewal to whomever she purchased her domain from? Any information would be greatly appreciated!

TheDoc

You certainly don’t need to have it on your own site at all.

If you want to transfer the domain and the hosting to your service, you most certainly can, and you can charge her a fee for that.

Personally, I prefer my clients to purchase their own domain and hosting based on my recommendations. If they already have a domain and hosting, I just make sure I can work with it. I know Yahoo Hosting has a lot of problems, so I would recommend using a different service to her. It could be service through you or another company.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.