Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS [Solved] Putting text on the same line – CSS query

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Everton
    Participant

Hello

I am trying to fathom out why my tiny form won’t sit at the top of the page on the same line as my date! I presume it’s a margin or padding problem? This is what I have in my HTML:

top {

overflow: auto;
    background: #999;

}

form#login { background-color: #000000; color: #FFFFFF; border: 0px solid #999999; font-family: “News Cycle”, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; text-align: center;

}

login .text {

font-family: “News Cycle”, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; width: 60px; margin-right: 6px; margin-left: 3px; }

login .buttons {

font-family: “News Cycle”, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; background-color: #333333; color: #FFFFFF; margin-right: 6px;

}

<form name="login" id="login" etc

This is the CSS related to my date:

p.show_date { 
    font-size: 1em;  

text-align: right; margin-right:5px;

} p.show_date sup { font-size: 1em; margin-right:5px; }

The page is here My page

What should I be doing, please, to have the two form fields (username and password) sit on the same line as the date?

Thank you.

Paulie_D

Your date is not inside the #top div…that would be a place to start.

Everton
    Participant

Oh, right, thank you. Let me see where I have gone wrong. I thought the problem may have been that #top.

I’ll post back and thank you all again!

Everton
    Participant

Wow! A massive thank you for your great help! I thought the issue was with the form; I never even thought about the p.show_date {

Many thanks again – much appreciated.

Everton

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.