Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End Putting a ‘checklist’ of content on every WordPress page

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Johnnyb

So I don’t really know how to describe this very well so I’ll just try my best…

I have a site with 100+ pages. Each page has an ‘At a glance’ section in it which essentially gives the user a quick glance overview of the content covered in the page. It’s kind of like a checklist. Category A [Checked], Category B [Unchecked], Category C [Checked]. Each page has the same list of categories in the checklist but different ones will be checked depending on the page. The client, when they’re adding new pages, will need to be able to customize this checklist to specify which content is in that page.

Here’s an image of it I just uploaded to Image Shack http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/196/20387893.jpg/

I’m trying to figure out the best way to implement this. At first I thought about using tags, a predefined set of tags which the user can check or uncheck in the page editor which I would then run a query to retrieve and display on the page. But as I’m using pages and not posts then I can’t use tags. It looks like my only option if I’m using pages is using custom fields? I use custom fields and have the user enter ‘yes’ or ‘no’ in each field based on whether the page contained that content but that doesn’t seem like a very elegant, user-friendly solution for this.

Does anyone have any suggestions??

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.