Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Purchasing a domain with "ñ" on it

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    vnvillar
    Participant

Hey guys,

Wanted to ask if is it ok to use a domain name with a special character (ñ) on it? Its a first time for me as a client wants to purchase one and I wanted to know if it is search engine friendly , etc.

Let me know. Thank you! :)

Val

Paulie_D

In general, domain names do not include accented characters.

If the domain exists, which I doubt, but it’s probably only useful to those markets where the character is easily available on the keyboard.

Obviously, if I can’t type it on my English-GB keyboard I’m not going to be able to search for it…unless it’s linked to the domain with just an “n”.

Paulie_D

Since then I did a quick Google

When choosing the name for your domain, always remember that: – you can’t use stressed vowels (such as à, é, ò, etc.); – you can’t use symbols (such as ‘ + . , | ! ” £ $ % & / ( ) = ? ^ * ç ° § ; : _ > ] [ @ ); – the name’s length must range between 3 and 63 characters (excluding the extension); – the name can neither start nor end with the character “-“, although the character “-” is allowed inside the name. So, to name your domain you can use any letter, numbers between 0 and 9, and the symbol “-“. .

vnvillar
    Participant

Hi Paulie_D!

Thanks so much for answering my question. This is something to keep noted. Will definitely forward to this the client.

Best,
    Val

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.