Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End pulling in content from my other page instead of copy pasting code

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    shamai

my portfolio of thumbnails is accessible on each page of my website. (i have 4 pages to my website… index, about, blog, contact)

to do this i copy/pasted the portfolio ul on each page. (its a list of thumbnails)

is there a way to have it on the index page and then pull it in from that page to each other page. that way if i update the portfolio on index, i don’t have to copy/paste each time to update all pages.

dfogge
    Participant

there’re probably better ways to do it but what i’ve been doing lately is utilizing jquery’s load function.

read the docs here: http://api.jquery.com/load/

particularly the Loading Page Fragments section.

TheDoc

I would just use an include. You could use a server side include or a PHP include.

SSI:

PHP include:

Mottie

Hi Shamai!

Could you change your post category please (just edit your original post) – I’m pretty sure this isn’t a css problem and it is unclear whether your issue is on the server or user side (javascript vs php) or I would have changed it myself.

Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.