Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other PSD Colors vs. Hex Codes – Any Solutions?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jeremy Englert
    Participant

I’m sure this is a problem most of us have ran into, but I want to get an idea of how other people handle it.

I was recently given a PSD file from a designer to begin developing. As I began working through the file, I noticed my CSS colors weren’t quite matching the PSD. I was using the “color picker” tool in Photoshop, so I assumed the colors would match up well – I was wrong.

I did some research and found that others have removed the color profile of a document in Photoshop, allowing for more accurate colors to be selected. I followed this method and while the colors clearly changed on the PSD file, the hex codes were still the same.

So despite the colors looking completely different, the hex codes match up. See this image for a better explanation:
    http://i.imgur.com/9D5EMRy.jpg

So while my CSS colors match the PSD without a color profile, I assume the designer wants the colors to match the original color profile.

How have you handled this? Any advice would be great.

Jeremy Englert
    Participant

Oddly enough, if I screenshot the original design and then use the Photoshop “color select” tool on the screenshot, the hex codes are much, much closer to the original design.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.