Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Problems with the CSS Tricks Website

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    furrball1383

Hey Guys I’m having problems with the home page and the articles. The forums work fine for me but when I visit the home page or the articles the pages either turn completely black until I scroll down and then scroll back up, or have black horizontal bars going across and often blocking my view of the text. if anyone knows how I might fix this problem do let me know. This only seems to happen in the latest Firefox for me. I just check it out in chrome and there wasn’t any problem what-so-ever. Still Firefox is the browser I prefer to use, so does anyone have a solution?

TheDoc

Fine for me on all browsers.

Firefox 6.0? What operating system? Do you have any plugins installed?

timmey

im having the same problem after firefox update.

windows 7, firefox 6

Brightonmike

I have Firefox 6 and it’s fine.

timmey

hmm, sometimes the whole site is black until i scroll.

but like this the site is not usable for me :/

furrball1383

Yeah I use windows 7 and firefox 6. I shall have to check without my plugins and get back to you
    . I have adblock plus, web developer, view source chart and download helper. I just checked without addons and the problem persists. I don’t know whats causing it but for now I guess I shall have to view the site in chrome

TheDoc

Like I said, I also have a W7 machine and FF6 seems to be working just fine. Is this the only website that causes the issue for you?

jamygolden

Ohhhh… I remember this problem. I wrote this in December 2010:

CSS tricks doesn’t work for me above the fold. I can’t really explain it, but it seems like an old windows 95 problem where things repeat when I scroll up and down. I use Firefox 3.6.12 windows 7 ultimate. It’s perfectly fine in other browsers. I’m pretty sure it’s my browser malfunctioning, but I just thought I’d mention it in case we start spotting a trend.

It’s was horribly annoying.

I don’t know what fixed it. I think it randomly fixed itself.

furrball1383

Every other website I visit is fine, hence I posted here seeing as I was hoping someone else might have the same problem. Heres a link to an image of what it looks like after I scroll back up. When I initially load the page its totally black and then once i scroll down and scroll back up it looks like this

http://tinypic.com/r/1z3ui2o/7

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

No clue guys, sorry! Maybe someone can report to Mozilla?

furrball1383

yeah I guess, in the meanwhile, I just view the site in chrome anyway

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=332051

This is similar symptoms to what’s going on–black lines that appear and disappear, particularly with scrolling.

Oh, and I reported it to Mozilla.

Sorry for replying this late only just noticed that Chris had tweeted about this problem. I know people have had this problem with previous versions of Firefox aswell.

For some people disabling hardware acceleration seems to do the trick, Tools > Options > Advanced > General > Browsing: “Use hardware acceleration when available”

I got the same reply about hardware acceleration from Mozilla and what RobertBossaert said did the trick for me.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.