Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Problems with the css of my code for a slideshow

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Stylomonnik
    Participant

Hello,
    Im currently coding and re-designing my uncles website.
    I’ve created a slideshow, It works nice but there is one problem.
    When I place it on the webpage I screws up the whole CSS of the other bits of code that have CSS on the page. It completely removes it. The jsfiddle link is:
    jsfiddlesngiggles
    The site im currently working on is http://www.vanlunenadvies.nl (a Dutch site)

edit
    Problem: Slideshow removes the other css on the page
    Goal: Have the slideshow on my page + other codes that use css

Answers will be appreciated.
    Greets Arie

Atelierbram
    Participant

Hai Arie

Have you checked DevTools/Firebug? There are four missing resources, two images, but also one CSS file (result-light.css) and one javascript file (dummy.js). Maybe has to do with caching though: (http://www.vanlunenadvies.nl/Cache/Head-D2F0A6325B06DFFEEE2A61F95B9D0DFE.css) … There should be a way in your CMS to delete the Cache files (it will rebuild itself).

Excluding possible causes in order to help bug fixing, by getting rid of errors in the HTML markup : recommended.

Stylomonnik
    Participant

I figured out that the light.css was missing. There is only one problem, i’m not able to get into the root and other maps of the site. It has a editor program (i hate it) so that is why i cant place them. I tried using links but i cant find one for the result-light.css

I dont know what CMS is but i guess that i cant controll it either. Thats also why i cant controll those errors. Its like 90% pre-generated. I contacted the host and the creater of the program. He said that those errors where there on purpose and that there “was no other way” of programming the site.

I hope you can help me a little bit more now you know these details.

Atelierbram
    Participant

If you aren’t allowed to get into the root of the hosted site, (editor program?) don’t even know which CMS it’s running on, then maybe there’s something wrong with the whole setup.

I contacted the host and the creater of the program. He said that those errors where there on purpose and that there “was no other way” of programming the site.

That is what I call obstruction. Are these the same people who created this website?

I hope you can help me a little bit more now you know these details.

Cut of someone’s legs and then ask them to run a marathon. Not to depress you, but all the things you can try to do getting around these issues, may get you into more trouble.

Stylomonnik
    Participant

Hello,
    I contacted them before i started editing the website.
    Im allowed to put html code etc. on it. there is a little notepad+ like thing on the editor.

Atelierbram
    Participant

But what about that cached CSS file …, how work if you can’t control something like that? Sounds like maybe good enough conditions for quick fixes, but maybe not for more thorough development. Also when I do view source then on line 335, there is a new html document (the slideshow) inside the body-tag, and it’s no iFrame. This will not validate, and never work correctly across all browsers.

What you could do is insert only the part between <div class="diy-slideshow"></div>, (maybe think about scoped style-blocks, which isn’t really necessary, you can use a normal link to a stylesheet, or style-block in the head of the existing document, just be specific enough).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.