Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Problems with mobile styling on Virb.com site, need to override media queries

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    lauramorrod
    Participant

Hi!

I’m new to this site so apologies if I do/say anything stupid :)

I’ve been building a website on Virb.com for the last few months and am finally happy with the results but I then discovered that the mobile version looks totally wrong.

http://www.lauramorrod.com

Apparently there is a universal mobile styling that is applied to the Virb sites by a separate bit of code which has all the media queries which control this… but I can’t access it!

They can’t turn it off and they won’t get involved with writing the new CSS required to disable it for me.

I can access my site’s CSS and HTML and have made quite a few little modifications to their templates but this is beyond me…

There are several examples in the CSS of points where this universal styling is overridden so it looks like it is possible…

/* submit /
    #submit { padding: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; border: none; -webkit-appearance: none; /
    removing mobile safari styling / -webkit-border-radius: 3px; / Saf3-4, iOS 1-3.2, Android <e;1.6 / -moz-border-radius: 3px; / FF1-3.6 / border-radius: 3px; / Opera 10.5, IE9, Saf5, Chrome, FF4, iOS 4, Android 2.1+ */ border: none; color: #fff; }

But my amateur efforts to alter anything further have all failed!

Can someone please help me write the CSS lines I need to add to disable this? It’s the ‘Gallery’ pages specifically but I would be happy to have the mobile version removed entirely.

Thanks very much!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.