Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Problems with layers

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    butterflyflower
    Participant

I am currently trying to write page where it’s got 5 layers and I need to insert images in addition to adding a header at the top of a layer. I will admit that my understanding of how this is supposed to work is limited, so please bear with me.

Currently I have a directory set up so my images are in one folder and the page is located in another. When I validate, the error says the image file does not exist. The only thing showing up is the text. Here’s part of the code:

body

topLeft{

position: absolute;
    top: 0;
    left: 0;
    height: 95px;
    width: 125px;
    visibility: visible;
    background-image:url(“design/XHTMLblue/design/topleft.gif”);
    background-repeat:repeat-y;}

If I am understanding this correctly, embedding the styles means it has to be in the head, right? So the correct nestling of the code is head, style, body? Then the layers I have should include the images?

Thanks!

Paulie_D

We’d need to see a link but it sounds as though you haven’t wrapped the styling properties in a <style> tag or isolated them to a CSS sheet.

Also you might try changing this

(“design/XHTMLblue/design/topleft.gif”)

to this

(“../design/XHTMLblue/design/topleft.gif”)

gowda24
    Participant

Try adding images by choosing the path .

enter background-image: , then press “ctrl+space” and choose the image to upload,
    so that it places the correct path to the image.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.