Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS problems with background image

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    dawn_s

problems with my site:

Chrome is giving me issues with the bg, it will show up not aligned correctly then once I scroll down it re-aligns itself.

The bg also will start like 10px down from where it should. The bg should stay put at the top. But it only does that for certain computers. The desk top I have is having that problem, but my laptop has the alignment issue. Both are being viewed from chrome.

IE is good I believe, it worked on both my computers, there were some issues but they got resolved.

Mozilla is fine.

please help….. this is for my client.

http://www.hiqualityautobody.com/auto-repair-company.htm

Paulie_D

The site is a little ‘jerky’ in Chrome 20. I did notice that you have set the wrapper to 1024px wide but the image is 1034px wide.

I don’t know if that make a difference but it is 10px.

You could try adding

background-size:contain;

to your wrapping div.

I despise W3Schools but: http://www.w3schools.com/cssref/css3_pr_background-size.asp

dawn_s

Thanks!!!

I tried that and it worked for the desktop, but once I upload to ftp it messed up really bad on my laptop.

I changed it back. But now i’m wondering if it’s because the screens are different lengths, the desktop still has a squarish screen and my laptop is widescreen. Do you think that maybe the problem? because when I zoom in slightly it takes care of the problem on the desktop… but obviously that isn’t practical.

Is there a code that will uniform the different computer screen sizes? (not sure if that’s the right phrasing)

Paulie_D

You could try defining the width of the background image:

background-size: 1024px auto;

Don’t know if that will work but give it a shot.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.