Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Problems with background-color and :hover menu in Firefox and IE.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    nicktones

Hi,

I building a site for a client, its temp location is http://itlit.co.uk/future2 . All works fine on all browsers except for the menu. It does not work properly in IE and firefox – when mouse hovers over the sub-menu pops out, but I cannot get the CSS to set the background color it just comes out transparent. As is the site works fine in safari and chrome.

Any ideas?

noahgelman
    Participant

Add the background color to #access ul ul (menu.css line 47)
    Where/how were you trying to add the background before?

nicktones

The background color is set at that line of the CSS file. The thing I cant get my head round is why that doesnt show in firebug?

noahgelman
    Participant

Hmm…. I would say the reason is maybe because you mispelt it. It doesn’t show up in firebug because firebug can only see what firefox sees.

It’s working fine in Safari and Chrome because they’re probably correcting the typo and applying the style while firefox isn’t so it isn’t showing it

nicktones

It is def spelt correctly. I’ve managed to fix it though!
    I was using
    background: #LightSteelBlue;
    which works everywhere else in the css on all browsers. If I change the color code to a hexadecimal value there like – background: #CCCCCC; then it works fine!

noahgelman
    Participant

When you type the color name instead of the hex code, you don’t put the # sign there, you just write it. You should always write hex though. At least I always do.

nicktones

cool cheers for that.

I’ve got the hex code for that color now so all set!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.